Rich Chocolate Cake
150 g Dark Chocolate (chopped)
4 tbsp Water
150 g Butter
1¼ cups Almonds (grounded)
½ cup Maida
2/3 cup Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Grease a baking pan.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Heat chocolate with water in a saucepan on low flame, stirring constantly until melted.
- Whisk butter with sugar in a bowl until creamy and puffy.
- Add hot chocolate and beat nicely.
- Mix in egg yolks and beat again.
- Sift almonds with flour.
- Add to the chocolate mix and whisk thoroughly until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until firm. Add to the batter and stir well.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove and cool.
- Heat dark chocolate with milk in a saucepan until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Coat the cake with the chocolate icing evenly. Let it set for 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve.