Dead hair is a very common problem, mostly amongst the people who wash their hair very often and straighten or curl it a lot. That has even happened to me, but luckily I was able to revive it.
1. Start by trimming it. This removes the split ends and keeps the hair from splitting into two. That’s why trims are very important.
2. Give it a special treatment. A very successful one is washing your hair with olive oil. All you have to do is warm up some olive oil in a microwave, then apply it on your hair. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then apply shampoo your hair.
3. Don’t wash your hair more than once every two days, it removes important substances from your hair and makes it look dead. On the other hand, don’t let your hair look all gross and greasy.
4. Change to a shampoo for ‘Oil Repair’ or ‘Protein Care’. It repairs your hair and makes it look more lively.
5. Condition your hair. It avoids tangles in your hair. Putting a leave-in conditioner on makes it better.
- When your hair is wet, it’s better to use a comb than a brush. Avoid using brushes as they damage your hair.
- You can go to a hairdresser and ask her to make the treatment for you, but if you want to save money you can make a home-made one. You can find several ways to do different treatents on ‘Wikihow’ and ‘Google’.
- Keep trims regular.
- There are many products you can do to your hair to make it look better. You can try hair serum. It eases frizz in your hair.
- Deep conditioning balms (The conditioner-type product that usually comes in a round tub) can work wonders for dead hair. Work half a handful through your hair after washing (while it’s still wet) and leave to dry.
- Avoid using a hairdryer after washing your hair. Simply wrap it in a towel and leave to dry.
- Rinsing your hair through with cold water after washing can help add shine to dull, dead hair.
- Make sure that when you’re doing the olive oil treatment, you don’t make it very hot as the oil would hurt and damage your scalp.
- When applying shampoo to your hair after the treatment, make sure you remove all the traces of oil as it can look and smell bad.
- Avoid using a straightening or a curling iron very often. You can only use it up to once every two weeks. Courtesy of WikiHow