1. While beating egg white, add a pinch of salt for quicker results.
2. Coffee will remain fresh longer in the refrigerator.
3. Get more juice from a citrus fruit by warming it slightly in the oven.
4. Potatoes soaked in salt water for 20 minutes will bake more rapidly.
5. Store curry leaves in silver foil, it will last as much as one month.
6. To prevent boiled potatoes from sticking to the grater, always apply little oil on the grater.
7. To get rid of the smell of eggs in the cakes, add one tablespoon honey to the cake batter while beating it as it will make the taste better, too!
8. If you want to keep any salad fresh for the evening party, first chill the bowl or tray in which you intend to serve your salad.
9. To avoid milk from spilling, apply glycerin to the rim of vessel.
10. Before roasting a chicken store in the fridge for 24 hrs for richer.
11. Never use metal containers, foil, or dishes with metal trim in the microwave.
12. Substitute of wine in recipes is grape juice.
13. Keep cutlets coated with breadcrumbs 1 hour in the refrigerator before frying. Take out the cutlets, hold in your palm and press lightly all sides. This way the breadcrumbs will stay put and won’t mess up while frying. You will also have a crispy coating.
14. Wash stale cabbage with salt, water and few ice cubes. This will regain its freshness and kill germs.
16. For quick thawing of frozen meat, seal in a plastic bag and keep in warm water for few minutes
17. To clean burnt pan or wok, boil water with baking soda in it for few minutes than wash.
18. Wrap celery or coriander in aluminum foil and refrigerate to last longer.
19. To prevent egg shell from breaking, add a pinch of salt whilst boiling them.
20. Unfolding becomes easier if mould is lightly brushed with Dalda Cooking Oil before pouring in liquid jelly.
21. To prevent nuts and fruits from sinking to the bottom of the cake while it’s being baked, lightly toss the nuts in flour before adding them to the cake batter.