The following is the sample page of this downloadable PDF file:
This downloadable PDF file contains the following Questions/Answers of all four one act plays:-
Smokescreens by Harold Brighouse
0. Smokescreens – Summary
1. What are the basic ideas or themes of the play “Smokescreens”.
2. Bring out the conflict between Primrose and Aunt Susan or generation gap in the play.
3. Bring out the conflict between Lucy and Susan.
4. Why did Primrose decide to marry ugly John instead of marrying a charming man?
5. Bring out the conflict between Primrose and Lucy.
6. How is an independent career a living protest against the necessary of marriage?
7. Primrose is a child of a broken family. Discuss.
8. The title of the poem is justified. Discuss.
9. Conflict between Primrose and her mother Lucy in “Smoke-Screen”
10. Discuss the female Characters in “Smoke-Screen” Or Compare Lucy, Susan and Primrose
11. Discuss the Title of the Play “Smoke-Screen”
12. Wolf believes that “a bird in hand is worth two in the bush” but finally gives up one in hand for two in bush. Comment.
Something to Talk About by Eden Phillpotts
0. Something to Talk About – Summary
1. What is the theme of the play “Something to Talk About”?
2. Bring about the humour in the play “Something to Talk About”.
3. “Something to Talk About” is a light comedy. Discuss.
4. Discuss the elements of irony in the play “Something to Talk About”.
5. The play “Something to Talk About” is full of elements of irony.
6. Discuss the elements of satire in the play.
7. The Sydneys’ greatest desire is to have some novelty in their monotonous lives. Discuss.
8. Context of Play – Something To Talk About
9. The play “Something to Talk About” as a Comedy
The Boy Comes Home by A. A. Milne
0. The Boy Comes Home – Summary
1. Context of Play – The Boy Comes Home
2. What are the conflicts between Philip and Uncle James?
3. What is the importance of dream in the play “The Boy Comes Home”?
4. How has the war affected Philip’s personality?
5. How does Philip prove himself a mature and responsible man?
6. Relate the incident of Somme in your words.
7. Discuss the comic elements in the play “The Boy Comes Home”.
8. The play “The Boy Comes Home” is a light comedy.
9. Dream-Scene of James in the play “The Boy Comes Home”
10. Conflict between Uncle James and Philip (Generation Gap)
11. Discuss the title of the play “The Boy Comes Home”
The Bear by Anton Chekhov
0. The Bear – Summary
1. Context of Play – The Bear
2. Describe the reasons behind the marriage of Popova and Smirnov.
3. What was the main issue or conflict between Smirnov and Popova?
4. The play “The Bear” is a farce (ridiculous situation). Discuss.
5. Describe the comic elements of the play “The Bear”.
6. Discuss the title of the play “The Bear”.
7. Justify the end of the play “The Bear”.
8. Both Smirnov and Popova have the same qualities of character. Discuss.
9. Both Popova and Smirnov are the chips off the same block. Discuss.
10. Summary “Bear” by Anton Chekov
11. Discuss Popova’s Character in the play “Bear”
12. Discuss “Bear” as Farce or Comedy
13. Discuss the Title of “Bear” by Anton Chekov
Click on following link & Download complete short stories in PDF format:
(please note that more notes of short stories are also available on this website, you may download other files as well. Read all different files for variety & for good preparation.)
for more BA English Notes, visit the following links:
If you found/faced any bug/error while downloading any available document/file, may kindly inform us, we will send u that file/document through email promptly. Regards.