Having acne scars is a big barrier towards flawless skin. It is hard to get rid of them even with the help of lasers and Micro-Dermabrassion procedures. The reasons can vary for these scars apart from picking on pimples. It can also be the slow process of skin rejuvenation due to hormonal imbalance. Here are a number of ways which can help prevent them and even boost the regenerating process.
1. Lemon Juice Facial. Simply take a cotton ball, dab it in some lemon juice, then start massaging your acne scars thoroughly. The acidity will soften the skin and reduce the appearance of the scars. Let it stay on for about 20 minutes and then wash it away with warm water.
2. Tomato Face Mask. Yet another simple home acne remedy that can help to get rid of acne scars. Simply take a tomato, slice it in two, and then start rubbing your scars with one of the halves. This has a 2 prong effect, which is to lighten the scars and increase skin elasticity. Wash it away after 20 minutes.
3. Egg Whites. Use a cotton ball to massage egg white onto your skin. The white of an egg have very powerful healing qualities which can help to heal scars and make them significantly less visible.
4. Cucumber Juice. This is a great technique for reducing inflam
mation and increasing elasticity. Since there is no acidity in cucumber juice, there is no need to wash it off immediately. Leave it on and be sure to repeat this remedy daily.
5. Baking Soda Remedy. An excellent and very popular method for how to get rid of acne scars naturally, as it helps to unclog your pores, it kills acne causing bacteria, and it even helps to exfoliate the skin. Simply combine water and baking soda and mix it thoroughly into a paste. Apply this mixture to your acne scars and let it sit for about 2 to 3 minutes, then rinse and wash your skin well. Use this technique twice daily.
6. The Honey Rub Red. An excellent way to smooth out the skin and clean your pores. Use warm-hot water to clean your face, then quickly pat the skin dry. This will open up the pores and allow the honey to get in there. Apply the honey liberally to the areas affected by acne scars AND all around these areas too.
7. Sandalwood and Rose Water. Make a paste of sandalwood and rose water. Apply this on the affected areas. Wash with warm water after it dries. Sandalwood is very affective in removing the
8. Fenugreek Seeds. You are also recommended to use fenug
reek seeds to lighten the acne marks. Prepare a decoction of fenugreek seeds in water and apply it on your face and upper parts of chest and back in order to prevent the formation of acne scars.
9. Coconut Oil. Massage your face with coconut oil to lighten the acne marks.
Rejuvenation from home remedies is a gradual process but these are helpful. Being natural they have minimal side effects. The best way for faster healing is to maintain a balanced diet including, fresh fruits and vegetables, consumption of excess water and avoiding oily and sugary eatables. Do not touch your pimples even if they hurt, apply ice to soothe the irritation. Cleanse tone and moisturise your face to remove extra sebum especially before retiring to bed. Always apply a sun block lotion of SPF 50 or above before going outdoors